Covid 19: Our website and phone lines are operating as normal and our teams are on hand to deal with all enquiries. Meetings can be conducted via phone & video conferencing.

Holiday Accidents/Accidents Abroad

If you have an accident abroad I can help you get the compensation you deserve.

Holidays and trips abroad are great - except when things go wrong and you are injured in an accident. Your holiday or business trip can be ruined and you could have injuries that impact upon your daily life long after you return to this country.

What are the most common holiday accidents? 

Here's a list of just a few types of accidents that happen on a trip:

  • Accidents on a cruise ship
  • Accidents on board an aircraft
  • Accidents in an airport
  • Road traffic accidents
  • Accidents in a hotel
  • Food poisoning
  • Accidents on excursions or organised trips

Claiming compensation for holiday accidents

Just because your accident happens abroad doesn't mean you can't claim compensation. The law is there to protect you and you don't usually have to use lawyers in another country to bring your claim as most claims can now be brought in the UK even if your accident happened abroad.

If your holiday was a package holiday then in many cases your tour operator is responsible for your accident. If you have an accident on a cruise ship the Athens Convention can be used to bring a claim against the tour company. The Montreal Convention can be used to bring a claim against an airline for accidents on an aircraft. All these claims can be brought in the UK courts.

If you've had an accident on an airplane, a cruise ship or abroad then you should take steps to see if you have a claim straight away as you may only have 2 years from the date of the accident to issue court action.

I can help you and I am happy to consider claims on a "No Win No Fee” basis.  My email is

Get in Touch

We can offer easy-to-understand advice and will provide representation to the highest standard. Contact us today to discuss your claim by calling 0800 083 0815, or fill out an online enquiry form and will get back to you at a convenient time.

Personal Injury News

The Dangers Of Workplace Machinery And An Inadequate Risk Assessment

Ten Things You Should Know About Claiming Personal Injury Compensation

Accidents Involving Machinery – Employers Should Take More Care

Read all Personal Injury news

What Our Clients Say

I am so pleased with how Mr Macwilliam handled my case. He was extremely helpful and patient with us. I would recommend him 100% to anyone who needed a solicitor.

Mr Ashfaq

We used Clough & Willis because we believe Chris Macwilliam is the best solicitor in his field within the Bury area possibly within the Manchester / North West area. We would highly recommend Clough & Willis to family and friends.

Mr Smith

I would like to say I am extremely grateful to all at Clough & Willis. I enjoyed the fact that I could ring at any point and speak to Mr Macwilliam and always be given his full co-operation and time. I was never rushed to finish the call! I would also like to add, Mr Macwilliam kept me so up to date with my case, I always felt in the loop, I almost felt like I was the only client and felt the service was very personnel! Thank you and all the best!

Ms Broadbent-Davies

I greatly appreciated Mr Macwilliam's handling of my claim. His expertise made the whole process so easy for me and I am highly satisfied with the outcome. Many thanks.

Mr Addy

Christopher Macwilliam was excellent throughout my claim. He listened carefully and always kept me up to date. Everything was handled in a highly professional manner and I cannot speak highly enough of Chris and the company as a whole.

Mr Saunders

Mr Macwilliam has been very patient as my husband is dyslexic, some things needed explaining a few times and in other ways so Alan could understand. The interim payments were a huge help while the claim was going through.

Mrs Bonney

I was pleased with the professional and efficient manner with which my claim was dealt with. It was an unusual claim / incident but Mr Macwilliam put time and effort into understanding the dental side of the issue. I am very pleased with the outcome.

Mrs Johnson

Mr Macwilliam dealt with my case exactly how I had hoped. He was extremely professional throughout and always kept me up to date with the progress that was being made.

Mr Leech

I am writing to express our gratitude for all your hard work in securing a very good payment for the accident.

Mrs Plaskett

This was the second occasion that Chris Macwilliam has helped me to settle a problem. I have always found him to be very professional, patient and an extremely good listener. If I require the services of a solicitor in the future I would definitely contact Clough & Willis. I have recommended the firm on numerous occasions.

Client Satisfaction Comment

I was very happy with the service I received at Clough & Willis. Everything was explained clearly and patiently and each request I made was dealt with efficiently. I am happy with my outcome and would definitely recommend them to friends.

Client Satisfaction Comment

Read all testimonials