Everyone has a right to go to work and come home again unharmed! Remember, your employer has a duty to protect you whilst you are at work but what should you do if you are injured at work?
Follow these simple steps:
• Record the incident in your employer's Accident Book
• If appropriate, take photographs of where the accident happened
• Visit your gp or hospital and give them a full history of how you were injured
• Ask your employer for support with your recovery - many offer care and medical treatment
• Contact a local solicitor who specialises in accidents at work
• Tell the Health & Safety Executive about your accident
Remember that your employer will be insured and when you make a claim the insurance company will deal with it.