No Win No Fee Criminal Assault Injury Claims Solicitors
It is an unfortunate fact of life that innocent people are sometimes attacked or assaulted and may suffer physical or psychological injuries.
If you have been the victim of a criminal assault and suffered injuries as a result, you may be eligible to make a compensation claim. At Clough & Willis, our experienced team of specialist solicitors have dealt with many cases across Greater Manchester. We understand the sensitive nature of these cases, and will be on hand every step of the way throughout the claims process.
To discuss your circumstances with a legal professional, contact the team today by calling 0800 083 0815, or fill out an online enquiry form and we will get back to you.
About your claim
If you have been assaulted or attacked in the UK, there are three different ways you can make a personal injury claim for compensation for your injury. We have outlined details of these below.
- The first is to make a personal injury compensation claim against the assailant directly. However, this may not be the best way forward as even if your claim is successful, your attacker may not have the means to pay the sum awarded.
- The second may be to make a personal injury claim against your employer. This would only apply if the attack or assault took place whilst you were at work and your employer exposed you to an unnecessary and foreseeable risk, which could have been avoided.
- The third and most common way to make your personal injury claim is by an application for personal injury compensation to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). This government body pays injury compensation to victims of assaults that occurred in Great Britain.
The CICA scheme allows financial awards to be made:
- For both physical and mental injuries due to criminal assault.
- Compensation awards for past or future lost earnings due to a criminal assault or attack
- For bereavement as a result of a criminal assault, including, in some cases, personal injury compensation for the lost earnings of the person who has been killed.
The CICA has set out several rules. These include:
- Injuries must have been caused by a criminal assault that occurred in England , Scotland or Wales ( Northern Ireland claimants are not eligible).
- Your application must be lodged within two years of your assault, although this is discretionary and often waived.
- The crime must have been reported to the police and you must be seen to have fully co-operated with them.
- Criminal assault compensation will only be provided if your injuries are serious and exceed the £1,000 minimum award.
- You must be able to prove that you have been the innocent victim of a violent crime.
- If you are seen to have provoked or willingly participated in the incident or have a record of violence, any criminal assault injury compensation claims may be refused or reduced.
Operating on a "No win - No Fee" basis I have the necessary expertise to avoid potential pitfalls and help you recover the compensation to which you are entitled.
Speak to Clough & Willis
If you have fallen victim to a violent assault, you could be entitled to compensation. From our offices in Bolton and Bury, we have handled numerous cases of this type and are therefore best placed to understand your circumstances.
Contact us today to discuss your claim by calling 0800 083 0815, or fill in an online enquiry form.
Personal Injury News
Why Shouldn’t I Be Proud?
I am a claimant personal injury lawyer. And I will let you in on a little secret…. Despite that fact I am human. You can talk to me without being ashamed. And this may shock you but I’m goin… Read More
Cosmetic Surgery Compensation Claims
Breast enhancement, breast reduction, tummy tucks, face lifts, liposuction…..the list is endless…. Read More
Can My Employer Afford To pay?
“How much will I get?” is not the first question I am asked by my clients after I’ve advised them that I think they have a good personal injury claim against their employer. This question is… Read More
What Our Clients Say
I am so pleased with how Mr Macwilliam handled my case. He was extremely helpful and patient with us. I would recommend him 100% to anyone who needed a solicitor.
We used Clough & Willis because we believe Chris Macwilliam is the best solicitor in his field within the Bury area possibly within the Manchester / North West area. We would highly recommend Clough & Willis to family and friends.
I would like to say I am extremely grateful to all at Clough & Willis. I enjoyed the fact that I could ring at any point and speak to Mr Macwilliam and always be given his full co-operation and time. I was never rushed to finish the call! I would also like to add, Mr Macwilliam kept me so up to date with my case, I always felt in the loop, I almost felt like I was the only client and felt the service was very personnel! Thank you and all the best!
I greatly appreciated Mr Macwilliam's handling of my claim. His expertise made the whole process so easy for me and I am highly satisfied with the outcome. Many thanks.
Christopher Macwilliam was excellent throughout my claim. He listened carefully and always kept me up to date. Everything was handled in a highly professional manner and I cannot speak highly enough of Chris and the company as a whole.
Mr Macwilliam has been very patient as my husband is dyslexic, some things needed explaining a few times and in other ways so Alan could understand. The interim payments were a huge help while the claim was going through.
Mr Macwilliam dealt with my case exactly how I had hoped. He was extremely professional throughout and always kept me up to date with the progress that was being made.
I am writing to express our gratitude for all your hard work in securing a very good payment for the accident.
This was the second occasion that Chris Macwilliam has helped me to settle a problem. I have always found him to be very professional, patient and an extremely good listener. If I require the services of a solicitor in the future I would definitely contact Clough & Willis. I have recommended the firm on numerous occasions.
Client Satisfaction Comment
I was very happy with the service I received at Clough & Willis. Everything was explained clearly and patiently and each request I made was dealt with efficiently. I am happy with my outcome and would definitely recommend them to friends.
Client Satisfaction Comment