Personal Law Services
Fixed Fee Packages
Our Family Law Team has always been committed to helping clients and has fixed fee packages on a range of services.
These packages have been designed to provide transparent and cost-effective solutions to help you budget in times that are financially difficult.
These packages are available on request on a limited first come first served basis.
All work carried out will be dealt with by our family law solicitors who have over 40 years experience between them and are Accredited Specialists by Resolution a national organisation for specialist family law practitioners.
At Clough & Willis, we are committed to resolving family issues in a constructive way. To speak to the team about your circumstances, call our Bury or Bolton offices today on 0800 083 0815, or fill out an online enquiry form and we will get back to you.
Non-Fixed Fee Work
For non-fixed fee work, we will provide you with a breakdown of costs before you agree to continue.
Fees and Costs
- Fixed Fee Divorce (if you are applying for the divorce)
£495+VAT (£594 inc VAT) plus court fees of £550 (inc VAT)
- Fixed Fee Divorce (if you are responding to the divorce)
£300+VAT (£360 inc VAT)
- Fixed Fee Change of Name Deed
£95+VAT (£114 inc VAT)
- Fixed Fee Parental Responsibility Agreements (Advice and Drafting)
£295+VAT (£354 inc VAT)
- Fixed Fee Financial Consent Orders including a “Clean Break” Provision
£500+VAT (£600 inc VAT) plus court fees of £50
- Fixed Fee Child Application Forms (Child Arrangements Order for Residence & Contact)
Form C100 including taking full details and preparing the documents - £450+VAT (£540 inc VAT)
Form C1A (only required if there are/have been welfare concerns) - £195+VAT (£234 inc VAT)
The first meeting with Lee or Marie is free. The person you see will be the person who will act on your behalf. At this meeting we will examine your situation and then discuss which option would be the best for you. For any work outside of our fixed fee packages you will be provided with a clear, written estimate of the likely costs that may be incurred.
For more information or to make an appointment for a free consultation call us now on freephone 0800 083 0815
Terms and Conditions
- To qualify for the fixed fee package the total costs, VAT and court fees must be paid in advance at the same time as providing instructions to proceed.
- Upon receipt of the fees, we will provide you with a receipted invoice for the entire sum.
- With regard to fixed fee packages, if for any reason you subsequently choose not to proceed, our fixed fee is not refundable. If you ask us to proceed but subsequently decide to delay matters (up to 3 months), upon receiving future instructions, so long as the petition does not require amendment and no supplemental petition is required, we will complete the divorce proceedings on your behalf for the original fixed fee.
- Our fixed fee packages includes taking details, preparing and issuing (where applicable) legal documents.
- Our fixed fee packages are limited to where both parties are domiciled and habitually resident in England and Wales.
- It does not include any other application to the court which may be required such as personal service of the petition or a court attendance requested by the judge. In the unlikely event that a personal attendance is required by the judge or additional evidence of separation this would be charged at our normal hourly rates and which we would estimate for you.
- At our absolute discretion we reserve the right to refuse to act on a fixed fee basis where the circumstances of the case are such we consider it would not be appropriate.
- Our fixed fee divorce and financial consent order packages are an execution only service. That means we are not advising you on the fairness or appropriateness of the financial settlement or level of disclosure. We strongly recommend you take advice in respect of such matters. We will be happy to discuss our charges with you.
- Our fixed fee packages do not include any advice in relation to children disputes. This is an execution only service. That means we will only prepare and action the documents on your behalf. It does not include any advice. We strongly recommend you take advice in respect of such matters. We will be happy to discuss our charges with you for that advice/representation.
- This arrangement is offered on the basis that our standard documentation and letters will be utilised, although at all stages we will endeavour to ensure that our service is personalised and specific to you.
Family Law News
Divorce for the more mature of us (and others!)
It is Over?! - Reasons for Divorce
BREXIT - How does this affect family law?